Sunday, June 28, 2015

Tech Play 2-E-Portfolio: Evidence Based Learning

Eportfolio Fun
This week I had the opportunity to play with several electronic digital tools to see which would work best for me.  Each of the websites was free to use and create.  They all had templates and easy backgrounds to choose from.  You can customize the layout as well.  Although all the sites seemed to be user friendly, I found the google website to be the most user friendly.  I am pretty used to google sites as I published my classroom website through google.  I almost selected Weebly but changing formats was not as easy.  In google you have a view button that easily allows you to see what others will see.  Weebly has this option as well but it took me longer to find.  I loved how Weebly already had pictures for the website headers that were already the appropriate size.  This is one thing that Google sites were able to provide.  They both allowed you to upload a custom picture if you wanted to add one.  Google seemed very user friendly.  The templates are easy to use and you can edit them to your liking.  I would use google if I wanted my students to use an electronic portfolio.   Blogger would also be really be easy for them to use and it can still function as their website.  Blogger could be easier for them to use as it doesn't have so many options to take their focus away from what we are doing.


 The link to my eportfolio is listed below.  You may click on the link or open the url in another tab.
https://sites.google.com/site/jessicarjacksoneportfolio/home

No comments:

Post a Comment